Service Improve Operations
To Contend with the high demand of services in the thru-tubing arena, Completion Energy has efficiently engineered a wide arrange of well intervention technology solutions
Completion Energy is able to provide a full-service technology portfolio including operational design, service, and tools for thru-tubing milling operations, fishing, severance, isolation, abandonment, surveillance and monitoring services. Completion Energy designs, engineers and manufactures its own small outside diameter (OD) mud motors and thru-tubing tools, also being able to manage projects, service, and on-site supervision operations.
Our service experience and range of skills in the thru-tubing area are the foundations to react promptly to any client needs and challenges. Covering from standard mill-out of cement and equipment to the demanding extended reach mill-out of bridge plugs and fracturing systems, Completion Energy continues to lead the improvement in economics reducing the intervention risk, adding value and efficient performance in our thru-tubing service portfolio.
DROP BALL CIRCULATION VALVE (NORMALLY OPEN)The CE NOCV allows the circulation of fluid coming from the CT tool string into the well, under normal operating conditions. By dropping a ball, this circulation path is closed off and the fluid is diverted through the tool string body. This valve is highly useful when an intentionally applied pressure needs to be passed to the CT work string system.
DROP BALL CIRCULATION VALVEThe CE CV allows the circulation of the fluid through the CT tool when working under normal operating conditions. By dropping a ball, this circulation path is closed off and the fluid is diverted from the CT tool string to the well via flow port devices. This valve is useful when a CT circulation flow path needs to be directed to the well, such as when the tool string disconnection is required.
CE 3-WAY CIRCULATION VALVEThe CE 3-Way Circulation Valve is specifically designed for bypassing any CT Manipulation Tools during a high-rate circulation situation. The CE 3-Way Circulation The valve works following this circulation sequence:
- Initially all flow is passed through the Valve to the tool string below only
- The circulating pressure is then increased to be able to rupture up to 4 burst discs, allowing a high rate of circulation to the annulus. At this point, the first ball can be dropped to isolate the tool string below the valve so that now all the flow is directed to the annulus only
- The second ball is then dropped to return all the flow through the valve to the tool string below only
CE ACTIVE PRESSURE RELIEF VALVEUse the CE Active Pressure Relief Valve to prevent BHA over-pressure and protect tools. The CE Active Pressure Relief Valve opening pressure is set at the surface so that when the BHA pressure increases, the flow ports to the annulus get open. When the flow rate is increased, the gradual valve opening mechanism maintains the pre-set BHA pressure by diverting a controlled volume of fluid to the annulus. A metal to metal sealing mechanism maintains the Active Pressure Relief Valve opening pressure reliability and closes by reducing the flow rate through the tool. The valve is simple to adjust and operate and can be used in a variety of applications.
- Protect the motors from accidental overpressure conditions • Allows running with Impact Hammers to maintain a consistent pressure at the Shifting Tool • Allows increasing the annular flow rate while maintaining a consistent BHA pressure
CE COILED TUBING JAR TEST BEAMThe CE Test beam is designed to enable the Coiled Tubing Jars to be function tested. It can also be used to assist with the function of testing Bi-Directional Impact Hammers and other push/pull testing capabilities. The CE Test Beam consists of a steel framework on which sits a positionally adjustable Fixed Saddle. At the other end of the beam, there is a Moving Saddle which is operated by a hydraulic ram and is powered by an electric pump. The Coiled Tubing Jar or Impact hammer is positioned between the Fixed and Moving Saddles using the Test Nubbins FEATURES AND BENEFITS – Can be operated by one person. – The maximum tool length can be adjusted to suit any customer requirements. – Option of client manufacturing their own test beam framework using CE drawings. – Optional for the Tool Clamp to lock in the Nubbins. – Optional pressure transducer with Windows compatible software to enable a record of all push/pull data to be stored digitally. (Computer option not available) – The test nubbins for all standard coiled tubing threads can be supplied
CE CT BACK PRESSURE VALVEThe CE Back Pressure Valve will support a column of fluid in the CT. When the pressure inside the CT exceeds the well hydrostatic pressure by a pre-determined amount, the Back Pressure Valve will open and the fluid can be circulated through the BHA. The CE Back Pressure Valve features a ball which is held against a seat by a spring. The opening pressure option is adjusted by changing the ball size and/or spring spacer bush inside the tool. Each tool is supplied with multiple balls and spacer bushes to facilitate a wide range of adjustability. The CE Back Pressure Valve is used for any CT operations where it is desired to place a specific volume of fluid at a desired depth in the well.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS– Holds a column of fluid in the CT – Wide range of adjustability – Simple Maintenance – Available in H2S and Standard Service specifications CE CT COILED TUBING PREPARATION TOOL Top of Form The CE Coiled Tubing Preparation Tool is a hand reamer tool used to remove the weld bead and condition the inside diameter of the coiled tubing in preparation for an internal CT Connector option. The CT Preparation Tool is fitted with the correct Reamer Blade set for the CT wall thickness. By using a socket wrench, the blades are wound into the CT to clear the ID. The CT reaming operation can be repeated multiple times, by increasing the blade diameter each time, to prepare the CT that is either slightly undersized or oval. A supplied gauge ring ensures the CT is effectively prepared to the correct ID to be able to accept the internal connector. FEATURES AND BENEFITS – Gauge Ring supplied to ensure optimum CT ID – Gradually increases the CT ID by hand – Creates a high-quality finish condition to accept CT Internal Connectors
CE CT DOWNHOLE FILTERThe CE CT Downhole Filter removes any particles from the circulating fluid to prevent them from passing through the Motors or other downhole tools that do not tolerate any debris. The CE CT Downhole Filter features an easily replaceable metal filter screen with a standard filtration size of 600 microns. Other filtration size options are available on request. It is recommended to use the CE CT Surface Filter to remove any debris from the pumped fluid and the Downhole Filter to filter any debris from inside the CT. FEATURES AND BENEFITS – Easily replaceable metal filter screen – 4FT length to reduce chances of the filter being plugged – Different filtration sizes filter cartridges are available – Available with H2S and Standard Service bodies
CE CT DUAL ACTING SELECTIVE SHIFTING TOOLThe CE Dual Acting Selective Shifting Tool is a normally retracted hydraulic action tool used to position the closing sleeve of most Sliding Side Doors (SSD) to the open position or to the closed position. When normally retracted, the spring loaded shifting keys are shaped to match a profile within the closing sleeve. The keys are expanded by increasing the CT pressure to operate a piston which disengages a retractor sleeve from the shifting keys. These expanded keys are self-releasing so that when the closing sleeve is fully up or down, they will disengage from the sleeve profile allowing the shifting tool to pass through. The CE Dual Acting Selective Shifting Tool features key sets facing up and down so that multiple SSD’s may be shifted in both directions in a single CT trip. The table lists common sizes and custom sizes, high expansion versions and special key designs are available if required.
CE CT EXTREME DUTY DROP BALL RELEASE JOINTThe CE Extreme Duty Release Joint is designed for any CT operations where high shock loads, vibrations, tensile force and/or torque forces are expected. The tool features a very robust torque capability through a sealed joint that can be released by dropping a ball and applying pressure. In a normal operation, the latch mechanism is locked in place by a collar that is held in position by calibrated shock load-protected shear pins. To release the joint, the drop ball will seat on a piston that provides the force necessary to shear the pins at a predetermined pressure condition. The ball then returns with the upper part of the Release Joint. The lower part of the Release Joint has an internal fish neck which can be latched with a standard CE GS Pulling Tool if required. The CE Extreme Duty Release Joint is available in standard and H2S service versions and with alternate ID’s for when drop ball size is critical. Please contact your CE representative for more information.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS– Will not accidentally release during Jarring – High torque and tensile ratings – No assembly tools are required – Alternate ID’s and Drop Ball sizes are available – Extreme Duty for use with Jars, Vibration Tools and High Torque Motors – No threaded shear screws which eliminate the chance of shear screws vibrating loose and so reducing the cost of redress
CE CT FLOW PRESSURE RELEASE JOINTDisconnect without dropping a ball using the DTI Flow Pressure Release Joint. The DTI Flow Pressure Release Joint is designed for any CT operations where wired / fibre optic CT, or other BHA tools prevent the use of dropping balls. The robust Release Joint option can be used where high shock loads, vibrations, tensile force and/or torque forces are anticipated. The tool features a torque action through a sealed joint that can be released by applying pressure followed by a tensile load. In a normal operation, the latch mechanism is locked in place by a collar which is held in position by calibrated shock load-protected shear pins. To release the joint, it requires applying a predetermined pressure, which shears the pins and releases the latch collar. An overpull action then shears the overpull release pins to separate the released joint and leave an internal fish neck which can be latched with a standard DTI GS Pulling Tool, if required. The DTI Flow Pressure Release Joint is available in standard and H2S service versions, please contact your DTI representative for more information.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS– Disconnect the BHA without dropping a ball – Will not accidentally release during jarring – No special assembly tools are required – Extreme Duty condition
CE CT HIGH EXPANSION (HX) TUBING CUTTERThe CE Coiled Tubing Deployed Tubing Cutter is a hydraulically actuated tool used to cut through the production tubing. The tool is run with a tubing anchor to provide a fixed and stable cutting point and a Positive Displacement Motor to provide rotation and torque options. The tubing anchor is matched to the tubing cutter so that the anchor engages before the cutting tips start to take a bite. By increasing the flow/pressure to the tool, a piston will move the normally retracted arms from the cutting position into the expanded position. Maintaining the flow/pressure will bring the cutting tool arms gently into contact with the tubing and the tool tip will start to cut through the tubing.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS– Arms are flush with, or below, the body diameter until activated by pressure – Fast and safe makeup capability – The link arm mechanism gives increased cutting tip support and smoother cutting – The tool is flow activated with different choke sizes available
ANTI-ROTATION DEVICE AND CIRCULATING HEAD
- Controls any reactive torque during completions or drilling with service and workover rigs
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Mechanically removes any reactive torque at the surface
- No external moving parts
- Highly safe for all rig personnel
- Very reliable in all working conditions
- Includes a circulating head for fluid delivery
- Equipped with flow passages and screen options
- Allows costs savings
- No power swivel is required
- Short rig up and so downtime – 20 min vs. 60+ min
- No minimum rental charges
- No casing damage by rotating tubing
- Improved efficiency
- No collars required
- Minimizes pinch points
- No connection over-torque issues
The Rotating Scraper cleans the casing wall inside diameter (ID) while drilling out any obstructions using Completion Energy’s downhole motors.
The Completion Energy’s patented Rotating Scraper cleans the casing wall inside diameter (ID) while drilling out any obstructions, using the Completion Energy’s downhole motors. The Rotating Scraper is connected directly to the bit box with a mill/bit installed at the opposite end.
Incorporating the Rotating Scraper with the downhole motor allows for saving an additional tubing run since the casing wall cleaning is accomplished while drilling.
- Clean casing ID to specifications while drilling out any obstructions
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Thoroughly cleans the casing wall due to rotation
- Reduces the rig time by eliminating a dedicated additional cleaning run
- Reduces operational costs
- Nine adjustable floating blades available for multiple casing weights/IDs
- Improves completions drilling efficiency
- Operational in a push/pull scenario
CE CT HYDRAULIC CASING COLLAR LOCATOR
The CE CT Hydraulic Casing Collar Locator (HCCL) selectively locates the API casing collars.
When tripping in and out of hole at low circulation rates, the HCCL Locator Dogs are retracted allowing low friction deployment and retrieval. When the tool-string pressure is increased to exceed the Locator Dog activation pressure, the Locator Dogs move out and an indication will be seen on the weight indicator when the HCCL passes through the casing collars.
To increase the load to pass through the collar the tool-string pressure can be increased and to decrease the load to pass through, the collar the tool-string pressure can be decreased.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
– Selectively locate any collar with internal upset
– Provides a higher force to pull up through the collar and lower force to move down through the collar
– The weight indication increases as the tool-string pressure is increased
– Allows a large fluid bypass area for circulating fluid
– Unrestricted I.D.
The Motor Head Assembly (MHA) is designed and constructed to provide the convenience of a single motorhead tool for connecting to coiled tubing or jointed pipe.
- Operates as a hydraulic disconnect system
- Allows cleaning the wellbore after drilling operations are completed
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- One run accomplishes the casing cleaning and drilling out any obstructions
- Thoroughly cleans the casing wall due to rotation
- Allows reduction of rig time by eliminating a dedicated additional cleaning run
- It allows the reduction of operational costs
- Nine adjustable floating blades capabilities for multiple casing weights/IDs
- It allows improving completions or drilling efficiency
THRU TUBING MUD MOTORS
Completion Energy is a pioneer in the development of small diameter mud motor technology, having designed, manufactured and service this type of technology.
Completion Energy is a pioneer in the successful development of small diameter mud motor technology, having designed, manufactured and serviced small motors.
Our Completion Energy’s Thru Tubing Mud Motors feature a patented Sealed Bearing Assembly and provide a double flow capacity compared to similar power section options via some proprietary motor modifications. The Sealed Bearing Assembly also makes Completion Energy’s mud motors much more efficient with nitrogen than other motors.
The Thru Tubing Mud Motors are equipped with a Rotor Catch to enable drilling motor recovery in the unlikely event of a connector separation or any potential mechanical failure. A Pulse Generator Vibration technology can be built into the motor to avoid third-party rental costs.
All of our motors are tested with an in-house Dynamometer, prior to dispatch to the rig site and Completion Energy Service Representatives are available onsite for the whole milling work operation.
The tool allows the Mill out of:
- Composite bridge plugs
- Permanent bridge plugs
- Frac ports
- Cement retainers
- Cement sheets
- Wellbore cleanouts
- Confirmation runs
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Patented Sealed Bearing Assembly Utilizes 100% of the flow to the bit
- More compatible with nitrogen (N2)
- Able to get up to 150 hours of bearing life
- Features high flow capability
- Can handle twice the flow of similar power sections through proprietary motor modifications
- Equipped with Rotor Catch to eliminate costly fishing operations
- A Pulse Generator Vibration technology can be built into the motor
PULSE GENERATOR AND INTENSIFIER
The Pulse Generator (PG) tool is designed to vibrate the downhole motor bottom hole assembly (BHA) to decrease any tubular friction (wall contact forces).
VENTURI JUNK BASKETS
The Venturi Junk Basket is designed to remove any debris from the wellbore
- Efficiently cleans the wellbore of junk and debris
- Retains any debris from falling back into the wellbore
- Catches large sized debris that is difficult to circulate out with normal tools
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- One run can accomplish any debris cleaning
- Reduces rig time by eliminating a dedicated additional cleaning run
- The debris chamber may be enlarged by adding additional debris chambers
- Optional internal magnet to collect metallic debris
- Tool may be used with a mud motor
- Allows reducing operational costs
- Improves completions and drilling efficiency
DRILLING MOTOR DYNAMOMETER TESTING
The Dynamometers provide verification of our downhole drilling motor performance prior to running in hole.
- Testing drilling motor operation within specifications
- Motor sizes from 1-11/16 in. (43 mm) to 6-1/2 in. (165 mm) outside diameter (OD)
- Measurement of flow rates, differential pressure, speed and torque options
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Confirms the efficient operation of the motors within specific operating ranges including inputs/outputs prior to every job
- With the addition of surface testing capabilities, it provides a reliable confirmation of motor operation
- Provides confidence that the drilling motor will operate within defined specifications
- Provides time and costs savings by:
- Reducing failure opportunities
- Increasing rate of penetration (ROP)
- Reducing lost time